Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Masala Pori / Masala Puffed Rice


As I already mentioned, I bought a bag full of puffed rice from Indian store. I want to use as much as possible and finish it because it will loose its crunch very soon and also if it gets old, a strange smell comes out of it. I am not the one who wants to just throw things away. Thats a big reason I buy in lesser quantities. But this big bad of puffed rice.. My god! So friend, there are going to be many dishes with my puffed rice ;-) Usually my husband takes as afternoon nap on weekends. So everytime when he gets up from the nap he wants something nice as a light snack. This time I made this masala pori. We loved it. Its very simple to make and its crunchy and tasty and great to have with a cup of hot tea. 

Ingredients:

Puffed rice - 3 cups
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp ( according to spice level)
Curry leaves - 6-8 leaves
Roasted Peanuts - 1/2 cup broken into half
Asafoetida - a pinch

Preparation:

Heat oil in a pan. When it is hot enough add curry leaves, asafoetida, red chilli powder, turmeric. 

Add the puffed rice immediately and give it a good mix till the chilli powder and turmeric mixes well with the puffed rice. 



Add salt, and roasted peanuts and fry for about 2 mins till the puffed rice becomes crunchy.



Serve it with hot tea.

Sending this to Hearth and Soul and to Pari's Only Chaat event

For other puffed rice recipe - check out Crunchy Crispy Churmuri

9 comments:

  1. it is favourate of all snack crispy and crunchy looking nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can have this for lunch, dinner n anytime in between..lol..

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  3. masala puffed rice looks very crunchy and spicy...a cup of hot tea and masala pori! OMG I will finish the whole bowl with in seconds...very tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel like munching some..very irresistible masala puffed rice..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun recipe this is! I love the sound of sauteeing puffed rice...never would have thought of that. Thanks so much for sharing it w/ the hearth and soul hop, as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spicy and crunchy snack,looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments. Your comments are my biggest source of encouragement. Have a wonderful day!! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails