Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Moong and beans saute



When ever I make beans saute, its always a simple saute with grated coconut at the end of it. Though it tasted good, I was really bored of making the same type with beans. When I was talking to my mom today, she asked me to try this one. It was different way to make beans. Tasted good with the crunch of moong dhal and some spices added to it made the dish flavorful.

Ingredients:

Beans - 1 - 2 cups Chopped
Moong Dhal - 1/4 cup
salt - To taste
Corriander Powder - 1/2 tbps
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Red Cilli powder - 1/2 tbps
Oil - 1 tbsps
Mustard - 1 tsps
Urad Dhal- 1 tsps
Curry Leaves 6-8 leaves

Preparation:

In a vessel, add beans, moong dhal, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder. Mix these ingredients well and leave it aside for 5 mins.



Heat oil in a pan and add mustard. When it splutters, add urad dhal, curry leaves and asafortida. When uradh dhal turns golden brown, add this mixture. Mix well.

Sprinle water, cover it and let it cook occasionally checking and stirring in between. Add water now and then, to cook the moong dhal along with beans. Cook until moong dhal is well cooked.

Serve with with rice or roti.

6 comments:

  1. Simple and tasty! I too love this kind of stir fry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Protein packed delicious stir fry!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  3. superb and tasty....very healthy too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply delicious stirfry..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to have with rice and sambar,looks divine. Wishing u and ur family a joyous Diwali.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you this is really crunchy curry I love it all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments. Your comments are my biggest source of encouragement. Have a wonderful day!! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails