Monday, October 18, 2010

Phirni



I happened to read about this recipe from Girliechef. She had posted a recipe about phirni which instigated me to try it. The original recipe is here. I took the base from the recipe and tweaked it little to bring my version of the recipe. This week being Navarathiri, I had few friends who came home on thursday. I dint know what sweet to make that day and I thought about this Phirni that i saw in her blog. Thought why not make it. It came out very well. Thanks to Girliechef for her Phirni recipe..

Ingredients:

Basmati Rice - 1/4 cup
Milk - 4 cups
Sugar - 1 cup
Cardomom - 6-8 powdered
Roasted nuts and raisins - 1 tbsp
Saffron Strand - 1/2 pinch

Preparation:

Cook basmati rice and mash it. Keep it aside.



Boil milk in a pan and when the milk starts to become thick, add this cooked and mashed rice to it. Mix well until the rice blends in milk. No lumps should be found. Let it boil for about 5 mins

Mix sugar, cardamom powder, saffron strands.

Bring it to boil for about 5 mins stirring in between so that milk doesn't get burnt.

Garnish with roasted nuts and raisins. You can transfer it in serving bowls and refrigerate for about an hour and then serve.

You can always dilute if you like thin consistency.


Sending this to Umm Mymoonah's Celebrate Sweets - Kheer started by Nivedita and to Khaugiri's Only Festive Food  started by Pari

4 comments:

  1. Your version looks absolutely delicious! You're making me want some all over again :D Thanks for the wonderful shout-out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just need one more bowl for my family, looks fabulous. Thank you so much for sending it to my event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..lovely phirni..one of my most favorite dessert.Looks festive n delicious!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. Love this dessert, looks good.
    Thanks for sending it to my event guest hosted by Khaugiri.
    FOODELICIOUS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments. Your comments are my biggest source of encouragement. Have a wonderful day!! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails