Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Crunchy Crispy Churmuri



I bought a big packet of puffed rice from Indian store last evening. I like puffed rice in varied savory forms. I have had this churmuri in Bangalore, India. My husband is from Bangalore and he introduced me to this snack. I loved it. It was crunchy, spicy, salty, etc etc.. So it became my favorite from then. Whenever we visit India, we make sure we eat this churmuri. Only after having it atleast once, my heart will come back to US peacefully. This time when I bought this packet of puffed rice, the immediate snack from my husband and me was churmuri. So here comes my version of churmuri.

Ingredients:

Puffed Rice - 3 cups (Rice cooker cup measurement)
Carrot - 1/2 cup grated
Tomato - 1/2 chopped finely
Onion - 1/2 chopped finely
Cucumber - 1/2 chopped finely
Cilantro - 1 Tbsps chopped
Salt - to taste
Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tbsps
Roasted peanuts - 1/4 cup broken into halves
Lime Juice - 1 tbsps
Sev - 2 tbsps for garnish

Preparation:

In a dry pan, dry roast puffed rice for about 3 mins. This will help puffed rice stay crisp for long time.

In another pan, roast groundnuts in a tsps oil until golden brown.

In a bowl, mix onion, tomato, cucumber, carrot, cilantro, salt, red chilli powder and mix well.


Add ground nuts and Lime juice and mix well.

Just before serving add puffed rice and mixx well and serve immediately with hot tea or coffee.

Crunchy crispy churmuri is ready in minutes.

Sending this to Pari's "Only" Chaat  event and to Hearth and Soul


15 comments:

  1. This is an all time favorite, can make my mouth water any time, looks good.
    FOODELICIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome churmuri,crunchy refreshing and flavorful....Yum!

    simplehomefood.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOnderful looking churmuri..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am literally drooling..no kidding..my fav too!!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  6. crunchy churmuri looks delicious and very tempting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, and better than the snacks you buy, which usually have too much salt!

    ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love churmuri. It was our fav snack during college days in Mysore. We friends used to visit the shop during leisure hours for this lovely snack..Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amri! I love when people share recipes for snacks and treats that they had from their homeland or as a child! You are such a sweet woman to make this for your husband so he can feel his hometown in the taste! Thanks so much for sharing on the hearth and soul hop this week! alex@amoderatelife

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:18 AM

    My favorite too. During my college days in Mysore, we friends always go for churmuri for filling... Taste yummy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments. Your comments are my biggest source of encouragement. Have a wonderful day!! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails