Monday, September 20, 2010

Chickpeas Sundal



This is a very familiar item to all of us. Yet I thought will post it because its healthy and its east evening snack. Very famous sundal during navarathiri .. When I was a kid, I used to go to my neighbours house with a bag to collect sundal ;-). It was fun. Even now navarathiri is fun .. Lots of colors, lots of dolls, different types of golu.. Woowww! I am actually waiting for Golu.. This sundal is good as a evening snack or even a side dish. Its very easy. No work at all.

Ingredients:

cooked chickpeas - 1 cup
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
Oil - 1 tbsps
Mustard - 1 tsps
Urad dhal - 1 tsps
Curry leaves - 8- 10 leaves
Asafoetida - A pinch
Salt - to taste

Preparation:

Cook chick peas . In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dhal, asafoetida, curry leaves.



When it turns golden brown, add chick peas and salt and fry for a minute until everything mixes well.

Add coconut and mix for another minute and the sundal is ready.

Sending this to Nitu's CWF- LB Chickpeas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments. Your comments are my biggest source of encouragement. Have a wonderful day!! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails