Thursday, October 14, 2010

Quinoa (Kheen -Wa) Tabbouleh


Rice is our staple item. My husband and I need rice at least for one meal a day. Due to a signal in my husband's blood sugar levels, we wanted to take more care from the beginning. Though not alarming, prevention is better than cure is my policy. So the home maker (thats me) takes charge of diet conscience cooking, preparing meals with proper fiber content and less carbs. Thats when this quinoa came to my mind. I have had this long time back but dint know many recipes out of it. So I planned to substitute this grain for rice. I am trying to make different dishes as possible starting today with quinoa and many other rice substitute dishes. Lets see how far I succeed. This is just to start our new dietary plan.

Ingredients:

Quinoa - 1 cup
Water - 2 cups
Tomato - 1 finely chopped
Onion - 1/2 chopped fine
Cucumber - 1/2 finely chopped
Parsely - 3 - 4 tbps finely chopped.
Lime Juice - 4 tbsps
Olive Oil - 3 tbps
Salt - to taste

Preparation:

Cook quinoa in 2 cups boiling water. When it cooks, you will notice a white sprout around the grain. Remove from heat when cooked and let it cool.

In the mean time cut all veggies and keep aside.

When quinoa comes to normal room temp, add tomatoes, onions, cucumber, lime juice, olive oil,salt, parsley and mix well. You can add more lime juice according to your taste.

Quinoa Tabbouleh is ready in minutes.


For other quinoa recipes, check quinoa upma 
Sending this to Vegetarian Foodie friday and to Girliechef's  Hearth and Soul




8 comments:

  1. Had my first try of quinoa today and I think I'm addicted. this is perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Quinua dish..must try!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so refreshing and tasty! Thanks for sharing it at Vegetarian Foodie Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right...quinoa is so very healthy...and it's so very good, as well! this sounds like a great dish, thanks for sharing it with the hearth and soul hop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quinoa is a new ingredient to me, I have tried it several times but have never made tabbouleh. It sounds so delicious and healthy - thanks for sharing this with us at the hearth and soul hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had quinoa for the first time last week. I love it! It is so easy to prepare. Good luck, I hope it helps you out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments. Your comments are my biggest source of encouragement. Have a wonderful day!! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails