Monday, August 30, 2010

Microwave Caramelized Carrot Kheer



I was talking to my mother in law today and she told me that she made carrot kheer one day and it came out very well. I took my mother in law's hint and made this carrot kheer.  It came out really good. To me carrot is a boring vegetable . Unless it is mixed in some curry I am not a great fan of carrot. But this kheer is something different. I relished it. Microwaves and thier heat differs. So we must take care to make sure that the food doesnt get burnt. 

This time let me take you through the pics as I am explaining the process. 

Ingredients:

Carrot - 1 cup grated
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Fresh cream - 1/4 cup
Milk - 2 cups
Ghee - 2 tbsps
Fried Cashews and other nuts - 1 tbsps

Preparation:

First, microwave carrot and 1/4 milk in a microwave safe bowl for 3 mins. Check and stir in between to avoid burning.



Add sugar stir well and microwave high for 3 mins. Keep checking once in a while.


Now add fresh cream and microwave it for just about 2 mins. Keep checking in between as it can easily get burnt.





The carrots will separate. It will caramelize and will become sticky. If the heat is too high, it will just become crystals. But its ok. Now add milk, ghee and let it boil for about 2 mins. Give 2 mins standing time 





Meanwhile roast the nuts in a separate bowl in a tbsps of ghee. This will be ready in seconds. So keep it for about a minute and keep checking. Obviously we don't want the nuts to get burnt. 





Garnish the nuts to the kheer and its ready to be served for the party. Yummy mouthwatering kheer in just 10 mins. 




Sending this to Ummm Mymoonah's : Celebrate Sweets -Kheer originally hosted by Nivedita

5 comments:

  1. here are some awards for you
    http://torviewtoronto.blogspot.com/p/awards-and-publications.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caramelized the word itself tempts me a lot, delicious kheer. Thank you so much for sending it to Celebrate Sweets kheer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely give it a try.

    Check out my vegetarian blog too:
    http://www.shvetasrecipes.blogspot.com/

    shveta

    ReplyDelete
  4. loooking forward to try this. thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments. Your comments are my biggest source of encouragement. Have a wonderful day!! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails