Saturday, August 28, 2010

Corriander Coconut Chutney - Reposting


We usually make coconut chutney as side dish. Most common chutney i nour kitchen.  Somehow I dont like the plain coconut chutney so much. May be the white color makes me feel that its a bland dish. So whenever I make coconut chutney, I always make this one. It tastes great and gives good color and aroma to the dish. Simple ingredients, simple recipe, great taste....

Ingredients:

Group 1:

Coconut - 1 cup grated
Green chilli or Red Chilli - 2 (depends on spice level)
Salt - To taste
Roasted Gram - 3 Tbsp
Cilantro/ corriander leaves - 1/2 bunch. (Use the stem also)
Tamarind - marble size
Pearl Onion - 7-8
Ginger - 1tsps chopped

Seasoning:

Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard - 1 tsps
Urad dhal - 1 tsps
Curry Leaves - 7-8
Asafoetida - A pinch

Preparation:

Grind group 1 ingredients into a corase paste. I like the chunky bites in my chutney. If you like it more fine paste, you can grind it fine. But coarse grind adds more taste to the food.



Heat oil in a pan and add mustard. When it splutters, add urad dhal, curry leaves and asafoedita. When it turns golden brown remove from heat and garnish on the chutney.

Tastes good with dosa, idly, also with rice.

More to come!!! Sending this to Herbs and Flowers in my Platter" - Coriander leaves/Cilantro Originally hosted by PJ of Seduce your Tastebuds


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments. Your comments are my biggest source of encouragement. Have a wonderful day!! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails