Friday, August 27, 2010

Greek Watermelon Salad



Its almost end of summer in some parts of the country but in San Diego it feels like the summer has just started. Scorching heat makes you feel so dehydrated. Its very important to take sufficient liquids. I was looking for something really cold to eat. I found watermelon that I cut and stored it in the fridge. But this time I wanted to try something new. When I was looking into my fridge,  I happened to bump into the crumbled herbed  feta cheese. I used some for my pasta dish and I had some leftover. It was too little to use for another elaborate dish. An idea stuck my brain. Why not try something with watermelon and the cheese???!!!! Sounds interesting right???? Yes its actually a Greek salad. I googled with these ingredients and I found a good salad recipe. I added some extra ingredients to my taste. Thought will share it with you all.

Ingredients:

Baby Watermelon (Seedless preferred) - Half  cut into small cubes.
Herbed Feta cheese - 2 tbsp
Cilantro - To garnish
Pepper - 1 tsp

Preparation:


Just cut watermelon into small bite size cubes.

Drizzle feta cheese on top and some pepper too. The feta cheese is salty so there is no need to add additional salt. Usually I like to add just salt and pepper to my watermelon as it boosts the sweetness of fruit. But when we add feta, there is no need for salt. I used herbed feta since I had it. You can also try it with regular feta and add any herbs of your choice to the salad. It tastes great for summer!!

Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve it cold.

Happy Weekend!!!


Watermelon

3 comments:

  1. Very attractive and Nutritious.Yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amritha this looks really delicious!I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and I like what you have here.if you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the watermelon widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much AMA and ALisa. I have added the widget.:-) Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments. Your comments are my biggest source of encouragement. Have a wonderful day!! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails