Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Peanut/ Groundnut Chutney



I learnt this chutney form my neighbor. we used to have fun cooking and sharing recipes. She was a very good cook and when I came to US after my wedding, she used to give me hints and help me in recipes. It used to be fun those days. Now she lives in San Francisco and I really miss her food :-( Anyways, we still share recipe over phone. So this one is from my friends kitchen... 

Ingredients:

Groundnuts / Peanuts - 1 cup (with ot without skin. both works fine)
Salt - to taste
Tamarind - Small lime size
Asafoetida - a pinch
Red chilli - 2
Oil- 1 tbsps
Mustard- 1 tsps
Urad dhal -1 tsps
Curry Leaves - 6-8

Roast ground nuts / peanuts in a tbsps of oil untill golden brown.



Grind all the above said ingredients into a fine paste with water. You can dilute by adding more water as per requirement.

Season with mustard curry leaves asafoetida and uradh dhal fried in oil. Tastes great for Dosas, idly, roti. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments. Your comments are my biggest source of encouragement. Have a wonderful day!! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails