Thursday, September 23, 2010

Delicious Linguine in 10 mins


I was talking to my friend in St. Louis the other day and we were talking about differnet recipes to try. She told me about this recipe that she tasted in an Italian restuarant and my friend and her usband both liked it very much. It was so simple but very delicious - she said. No need for any sauce or any special ingredient. Just couple of right ingredients make the dish as delicious as a restaurant's dish. I tried the same recipe with some twists here and there. Anything spicy, I love it so I added hot sauce turned the dish to needs of our taste buds.  Came out very well and it dint take much time at all.Very simple but delicious meal ready in jus 10 mins.

Ingredients:

Olive Oil - 2 tbsps
Onion - 1 medium chopped in medium size cubes
Tomato - 1 chopped in medium cubes
Linguine - 8Oz (I used half from 16 Oz pack)
Basil - 1 tbsps chopped to garnish
Salt - to taste
Chilli sauce - 2 tbsps ( Depends on your spice level)
Pepper powder - To taste
Garlic - 2 pods chopped
Cloves - 5
Spinach - 3/4 cup chopped
Parmesan cheese - 1 tbsps grated  to garnish ( I used Mozzarella since I had that)

Serves 2




Cook linguine pasta in boiling water untill tender.  Strain it and keep it aside

In a pan, heat oil, add cloves and garlic. Fry it till for about a min and add onion. Fry for just few seconds. Onions need not be fully cooked.

Add spinach and salt if needed. Mix until spinach shrinks.

Add chilli sauce, linguine, basil and mix everything well and turn off heat.

Add tomato chunks and mix well. Tomato has to get cooked in the heat within the dish.



Garnish with cheese, pepper and some basil before serving. Serve it with garlic bread.

The smell of  fresh basil, pepper with the pasta wooowww!! I loved it. Its really a great dish that is ready in just 10 mins.



Sending this to Presto Pasta Nights by Ruth hosted by Bellini Valli  for this week.

9 comments:

  1. Looks perfect and wonderful. Wish to have the whole plate. Do visit my blog
    http://shanthisthaligai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. very yummy looking with all those veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting Italian preparation..

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...delicious and an easy recipe...will definitely try this...thanks Amritha for this wonderful recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Shanthi, Tanvi, Roshan, Sowmya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and yummy recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easy and delicious....the perfect combo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would not have expected cloves in this dish. Was that one of your spicy additions? Sounds good though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So simple and so simply delish. Thanks so much for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights. What are you planning on sharing at this week's roundup?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments. Your comments are my biggest source of encouragement. Have a wonderful day!! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails