Thursday, September 2, 2010

HAPPY KRISHNA JAYANTHI!!!



I know its little late but we had our festival today and I was too busy for the past 2 days  preparing for this festival. :-) To tell a little about the festival, Krishna Jayanthi also known as Janmaashtami, Krishnaashtami, Sri Jayanthi and as Gokul Ashtami. Maha Vishnu took various avatars to protect the mortal world from evil. One such incarnation is Lord Krishna. He was born to King Vasudeva and Queen Devaki. You can get a jist from http://www.aryabhatt.com/fast_fair_festival/Festivals/Sri%20Krishna%20Jayanti%20or%20Krishnaastami.htm

If I can keep writing  I will never go to the best part of the festival which is the different sweets and savories that are made. So keep reading about Janmaashtami and I will be back soon with more sweets and savories :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments. Your comments are my biggest source of encouragement. Have a wonderful day!! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails